Skip to main content


Have a question? Hopefully, we have the answer here. If not please contact us for more information.

What are your hours of operation? 

The transfer station, located in Lindon, is open Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm and on Saturday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. The Construction and Demolition Landfill, located in Fairfield, is open Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.


What holidays are you closed on? 

The transfer station is closed on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. We close early on Christmas Eve day and New Years Eve day. We also close at 2:30 p.m. for our annual employee Holiday Social in December.


What communities do you serve? 

North Pointe serves Utah County and the northern county communities of Orem, Lindon, Vineyard, Pleasant Grove, American Fork, Cedar Hills, Highland, Alpine, Lehi, Saratoga Springs, Eagle Mountain, Cedar Fort, and Fairfield. A participating city's residential garbage is processed at the transfer station. Non-participating cities are Alpine and Eagle Mountain. Fees are higher for residents of a non-participating city. Identification is required to enter the transfer station facility.


What forms of payment do you accept? 

Currently credit cards are the main form of payment, however, if paying with cash, exact amount is required. Checks are no longer accepted.
We offer credit accounts for companies. Please complete and submit the credit application.

Click to Download Credit Application
What is the minimum fee for the public? 

Please see our list of fees and charges.

Do you accept electronic waste? 

Yes. Electronic Waste, (including TVs and computers) is accepted at the transfer station. One typical household electronic item per load will be accepted with the minimum fee. Typical household electronics are TV's, computers, small printers etc.) Commercial sized electronics such as copy machines are not considered household electronics. Additional household units are charged a $10.00 recycle fee per unit.

Do you accept mattresses? 

Yes, we accept mattresses.

Do you accept dead animals? 

Dead animals are accepted at the transfer station; however, they are only accepted Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.

Do you recycle old refrigerators? 

Old refrigerators are accepted for recycling. There is a refrigerant extraction fee of $15 per unit. This cost applies to any appliance containing a refrigerant.

Do you accept Green Waste? 

Yes, green waste is accepted.  A clean load of plant and wood waste, from the general public, is 12 dollars for a pickup size load. Large loads will be weighed and charged 28 dollars and 50 cents per ton.

Compost is available on a limited basis. The cost for compost is $20.00 per cubic yard. We do not always have it available, so please call first. (801) 225-8538 extension. 103. 

Do you accept tree stumps? 

Yes. Tree stumps are accepted. The fee is $28.50 per ton.

Unfortunately the transfer station in Lindon cannot accept logs and stumps that are larger than 2 feet in diameter. 

Large stumps and logs greater than 2 ft in diameter and longer than 4 ft long can be directly hauled to the construction and demolition landfill in Fairfield. (799 N 18150 W, Fairfield) The fee is $11.50 per ton at the landfill.

Do you accept Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)? 

Household hazardous waste (HHW) is accepted on a limited basis. Oil and antifreeze are accepted in quantities less than one gallon, but we encourage everyone to use recycling resources available locally.  For more information please visit the Utah County Health Department website at

My garbage was missed today. Who do I contact? 

For information regarding garbage pickup contact your city office, or for citizens of American Fork, Highland, Lindon, Pleasant Grove, Saratoga Springs or Vineyard contact Republic Services; for citizens of Cedar Hills, Lehi or Orem contact Waste Management; for citizens of Alpine & Eagle Mountain contact Ace Disposal.

How do I find out about recycling or clean up programs available to me? 

For information regarding garbage pickup, cleanup programs, recycling, or waste control in your city, please contact your city office.

What is mixed waste or MSW? 

Mixed Waste or MSW includes general household trash, metal items, furniture, appliances, and all unsorted debris.

Can I bring in concrete, bricks or rocks? 

Yes. This material is recycled. A level pickup sized load is $12.00. Larger loads are weighed and charged $12.00 per ton. Concrete that contains rebar or is larger than 12 inches in thickness is $28.50 per ton.

Do you accept corrugated cardboard for recycling? 

Currently all corrugated cardboard received from residents will be landfilled. Current recycling markets along with the low volume make it impractical to recycle cardboard.

Where can I dispose of used oil? 

Uncontaminated used oil is accepted at the Transfer Station. The Utah Department of Environmental Quality has information and a list of collection centers at and/or

Residents can bring up to 5 gallons per visit.

What do I do with old batteries? 

Yes, batteries are accepted at the Transfer Station.